Dot Day


DOT DAY

 

 Description: For this lesson, we watched a video on a book called The Dot. This was a cool book that talked about how everyone can be an artist. I really enjoyed this book because I am not the most artistic, however by making my art personal it is still meaningful and worth something. For our activity, we used coffee filters to create our own work. I used oil pastels to create different patterns with organic shapes like triangles and circles. I then used water based markers and a paint brush to go over my oil pastels. I like how this project turned out. 


Extension: An extension activity I could do after this for the students to is have students create a short clip video on their iPad explaining their artwork, and why it is personal to them. They could describe materials, their designs, and patterns. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts